Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Publisher problems

Miha_M
Advisor
Strange. Publisher crashes on updating layout drawings and/or during publishing layouts to .dwg. I might have had a crash while publishing the same content to .pdf, but can't remember, as there were so many crashes that I gave it up and saved out each layout with the classic "save as" method. I tried the same project file on two different computers with the same bug reporter result.

Updating the layouts one by one is working, but updating a few selected at once gives me the bug reporter.
Publishing to .pdf works for now, but there is limited possibility publish to .dwg. I don't know if this did help in any way, but I succeded publishing a few layouts to .dwg after removing all regional "ščž" characters from the layout names.

Anybody noticing publisher stability issues or do I have a corrupt file?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thanks to Miha's help, I was able to identify the crash. Fortunately, it was linked to a known defect, that should be fixed when update 1 for Archicad 24 arrives (which is very soon!). As of now, I suggest using the following workaround if you have any issue with crashing in layout:

Make sure every drawing on the layout is set manual update. Always let the program finish the rebuild process whenever a different view was opened or a command was applied during these steps:
- without opening the layout, Open the Source view of the drawing
- select the Opening tool and then use Edit/Select All Openings (Ctrl-A)
- Delete the Openings and then Undo (this step will make sure that the view related data will be ready before the Drawing Update and therefore the crash can be avoided)
- Update the drawing from the navigator context menu and after that the Layout can be opened

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

Which Archicad version are you using? Please make sure that Archicad is up-to-date to make sure that the latest bug fixes are applied.

From the description, I believe the file could contain some corrupted elements. Could you please share the file with us for further investigation?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Miha_M
Advisor
I am using Archicad 23 and 24, but I'm having problems on v24. All have the latest updates.
I've sent you a link to the project file via PM.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thanks to Miha's help, I was able to identify the crash. Fortunately, it was linked to a known defect, that should be fixed when update 1 for Archicad 24 arrives (which is very soon!). As of now, I suggest using the following workaround if you have any issue with crashing in layout:

Make sure every drawing on the layout is set manual update. Always let the program finish the rebuild process whenever a different view was opened or a command was applied during these steps:
- without opening the layout, Open the Source view of the drawing
- select the Opening tool and then use Edit/Select All Openings (Ctrl-A)
- Delete the Openings and then Undo (this step will make sure that the view related data will be ready before the Drawing Update and therefore the crash can be avoided)
- Update the drawing from the navigator context menu and after that the Layout can be opened

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Same issue here,
on Mac OS 10.15.7 AC crash randomly when I try to publish .BIMX; .DWG, very frustrating!

Fabio
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
fabioferrini wrote:
Same issue here,
on Mac OS 10.15.7 AC crash randomly when I try to publish .BIMX; .DWG, very frustrating!

Fabio
Dear Fabio,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Is there a stable way to reproduce the crash? Also, does it happen even with a blank file, or with some specific files only?

I'm wondering if you keep a copy of the sent bugIDs? If not, all IDs of the sent crash reports are recorded in a file called SubmissionLog.txt. This file is located at:

On Windows 10: C:\Users\<user>\GRAPHISOFT
On macOS: <user home>/Library/Logs

With the bugID, I can run a quick check to see whether the crash is linked to a known issue.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Miha_M
Advisor
If anybody finds this useful - after having publishing problem, which seem to have some strange reason in usage of the Opening tool, I removed all such openings and replaced them with "legacy" tools - empty window openings, slab- cutouts, etc.

Since then I have no more publishing problems.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
mnguyen wrote:
fabioferrini wrote:
Same issue here,

Fabio
Dear Fabio,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Is there a stable way to reproduce the crash? Also, does it happen even with a blank file, or with some specific files only?

I'm wondering if you keep a copy of the sent bugIDs? If not, all IDs of the sent crash reports are recorded in a file called SubmissionLog.txt. This file is located at:

On Windows 10: C:\Users\<user>\GRAPHISOFT
On macOS: <user home>/Library/Logs

With the bugID, I can run a quick check to see whether the crash is linked to a known issue.

Best regards,
Minh
Thanks for your interest, mnguyen:
here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1tncviqk1v95bw/SubmissionLog.txt?dl=0

Thanks

Fabio
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Fabio,

Thank you very much for sharing the bug reports!

I consulted the issue with our developers, and it turned out to be the heap corruption crashes. The symptom usually is having random crashes without a method to reproduce, usually in large project files with heavy documents, or if the AC is running when the computer is put to sleep.

These crashes are caused by Apple’s AMD driver which attempts to allocate the same resources which are already used by Archicad. We have reported this issue to Apple and we are waiting for this issue to be fixed in a macOS update.

Meanwhile, Archicad 23 Update 3 (60xx) and Archicad 24 Update 2 (40xx) will include a workaround for this issue. Currently, they are available as update previews for certain language versions (English and German). Official updates will arrive in early December.

I hope this answered your question! Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Thanks Minh,
We have a little studio with 3 iMacs with the same issue. We have about 10 crashes each one per day...
Sometimes archicad crashes without doing anything, just watching the monitor
Fabio