Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Reload AC18

KeesW
Advocate

I am an AC26 user but have a need to reinstall and use AC18 because I want to use Cigraph's Architerra. from that version.  I have original installation disks for both. Will reloading an old AC version stuff up my current AC26? Should I reinstall AC18 on a separate folder or take other precautions?

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
4 REPLIES 4
DavorP
Enthusiast

Can't say about 18 exactly but I have all versions from 20 to 26 on W10 and no issues. At least not caused by multiple versions of AC. I have many AC issues otherwise. LoL

BIM manager
Barry Kelly

Archicad 18 will automatically install in a separate folder.

All versions of Archicad do.

The only thing is, because you have installed 18 last, you may find that double clicking a PLN to open it will try to open in 18 by default.

But that can be changed so 26 becomes the default again.

I don't now anything about Architerra.

Is it an add-on that only works in that version (18) or can it just be installed and will work in 26?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry – nice to hear from you again

Architerra is an Archicad Add-on from Cigraph, an Italian company. It is a very useful site and landscaping add-on that converts survey drawings and surveyor’s data drawings into 3D contour drawings for site plans etc. It can also be used to insert and design roads, plateaus for terraces, etc., on contour plans. The add-on is specifically designed for Archicad. and has been available for many versions. Unfortunately, Cigraph now appears to have closed down and/or ceased operation. So, I can’t get a further upgrade.

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Lingwisyer
Guru

Could you use Eptar's version? Their one is upto AC25 currently and it looks like you can still buy it off their webiste. The tool looks the same as the Cigraph one and has for many years, but I have no experience with the Eptar one, and have only used the Cigraph one up to AC22.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660