BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Serious installation issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really hope someone can help me.
i downloaded the norwegian trial of ArchiCad 11 and started the installation.
eveything seemed just fine until the very end oif the installation.
The installer "hangs", even though its running, on "registering ArchiCad 11".
i just assumed i took some time but hello, it was still registering after 30 minutes..... only way to close it was to end java.exe process in task manager.
tried to repair the installation, 1st time; install froze at "Registering". 2nd time: Archicad repair succesfull...
Tried to launch the application, 5 sec after the main window shows the application crashes and the bug report window launches.
ok, thinking a clean re install would do the trick, i try to uninstall...............
The uninstaller frezzez at "Unregistering ArchiCad 11..............."
it wouldnt install properly, and now i cant even remove it......
whats going on.........?
have the latest java and have never , ever experienced something similar to this.....

any tips anyone ?

all the best

ZEROsignal
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try uninstalling java completely, and then try installing ArchiCAD. AC should have a older version of Java built in to the installer which may work better.

See here - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=21807&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=java+install&&start=10

Do a search also for 'java install' which may bring a up a few suggestions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
didnt think of that...
ill try it out.
thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope.... uninstalling java and using the one included with AC install doesnt change a thing.
cant uninstall AC, it wont get past "Unregistering AC 11..."
ANNOYING...
I HATE manual uninstall, regedit and cleanup.....
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
From what you describe it seems that ArchiCAD can not access the Windows registry for some reason. The "registering ArchiCAD..." phase is when ArchiCAD tries to create the necessary Registry keys. This takes place as the last step of installation, or - if the keys are missing - when you start ArchiCAD.

Check if you have administrative rights on the computer, and if you do and the same happens, maybe you should do a system repair to fix your registry.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!