Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Slow and irritating bad graphics on new mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, ive searched if people are having the same "problem" but cant get to the bottom to why my just brand new macbook pro is not showing "smooth" 3D open gl or internal engine in AC10 or AC11. Its like youre playing a game and the FPS are really low and with the same options on my one year old HP laptop it is showing just much much smoother graphics. the resolution dont seem to be the problem, its just when im running around in 3D its lagging and when i work in 3D and choose to scroll in and out its just slow and irritating!

I just dont understand why this is not grinding anybody elses gears when so many people are using Macbook Pros!!

Any suggestions? Ive tried bumping up the FPS to 25 and yes it makes it smoother but everytime i open a new file i have to set that to 25 and some files just mess things up when i have it up on 25 instead of 10, like i wont see everything so things start to flicker etc. This is just bugging the hell out of me....

Thank you for help,
Agus
5 REPLIES 5
Erich
Contributor
Agus,

I would be surprised if this is a hardware issue, and judging by your other recent posts it sounds as though you are having general software issues. Are you running anything else at the same time? Perhaps there is some conflict between programs?

From experience using a Macbook Pro all day long my experience has been free of problems on both AC10 and AC11. Open GL is butter smooth.
If you are on the internal engine it can a bit different...
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
thats good to hear. i have though just bought my MBP so im remembering what ive installed so far. ive checked if i have any plug ins for quick time which i dont and i cant think of anything else that could bother AC10 (any ideas maybe?).
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh btw, im using legitimate AC licenses. So theres no "crack problem" here thank u very much.
Brad Elliott
Booster
And to state the obvious, make sure you have the Intel versions of ArchiCAD installed. For v10 in the US you had to get a new disk.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
hehe yeah thats pretty obvious. thanx anyway