BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Slowness in Teamworks

toman311
Enthusiast
Hey all,

The office I work at is just starting to transition to using Teamworks. Everybody except me is working OS Sierra and I am working on High Sierra. The office bought a new computer that I would work on so it came with High Sierra out of the box. Downgrading OS's just isn't an option upon research.

Just recently, a new Build came out for ArchiCAD 21. That fixed the drawing slowness I was experiencing working in ArchiCAD (thank goodness, even though I did get used to it). As I was saying, though, the office is starting to use Teamworks.

There's a reported bug that Teamworks operations are slow on the ArchiCAD website. In the description under that problem, Graphisoft states that this problem will be fixed with the 6000 Build for ArchiCAD 21. That's a problem since Build 6013 just came out and I'm still having major slowness. It's so slow that it just doesn't make sense to use it.

I wish Graphisoft would update their description. Does anybody on ArchiCAD have an ideas on when this problem might be fixed? Or any related information would be nice?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
toman311
Enthusiast
I got a response from Graphisoft and apparently the slowness comes from ArchiCAD's "Saving to Recovery File" settings. I usually draw as Ultra Safe (save each step), so everything I do something, the performance slows. I changed the setting to Safe (save every 5 minutes) and the problem has gone away. Well, until 5 minutes has passed. There is also slowness when I Send and Receive changes. Apparently there is no setting to adjust that, so that will have slowness.

According to Graphisoft, this bug is Apple's iOS problem. Graphisoft can't do anything to fix it and is at the mercy of Apple's technical team. Hopefully they'll get to it soon!

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
felcunha
Expert
Hello,
I didn't test the latest version (I work in TW with some people who didn't update from the 5021 yet), so I'm not sure the latest build actually performs slower.
A client had recently reported some issues and investigated it, in the end the problem came from a damaged ethernet cable.
So if I were you I'd start by targeting all of these elements. Try to create a new project with only your High Sierra computer connected to it, then add another user and so on... try to install another bimcloud basic in another computer to see if it changes... try to reinstall the mac os where the bimcloud is installed...
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
toman311
Enthusiast
Another thing about Graphisoft's help page is that they haven't put the Teamwork slowness problem in the solved subheading. The slowness bug when just drawing in ArchiCAD 21 has been put under the fixed subheading. Both said they would be fixed in the 6000 build.

So, I just assume they are still working on it, yet haven't got a clue to when it will be fixed.

I have shared a project and I was the only one on it. Later, another employee joined in and the same slowness was experienced in both situations.

We don't use BIMcloud in the office though.

Solution
toman311
Enthusiast
I got a response from Graphisoft and apparently the slowness comes from ArchiCAD's "Saving to Recovery File" settings. I usually draw as Ultra Safe (save each step), so everything I do something, the performance slows. I changed the setting to Safe (save every 5 minutes) and the problem has gone away. Well, until 5 minutes has passed. There is also slowness when I Send and Receive changes. Apparently there is no setting to adjust that, so that will have slowness.

According to Graphisoft, this bug is Apple's iOS problem. Graphisoft can't do anything to fix it and is at the mercy of Apple's technical team. Hopefully they'll get to it soon!

Learn and get certified!