Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Some elements turn red

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,

Some of my elements have turned red in 3D. The material colour is red. However I cant get rid of the red colour. It affects several types of elements such as wall, slab, door, window...

If I copy a red element the copy get's its proper colour.

AC14 latest hotfix and Teamwork.

Anyone?

Cheers and be careful out there...friday 13th...

/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Two possibilities:

Someone else whose TW color is red has reserved those elements and you have your workspace set to show colors by owner/reservation...

Or, you or someone else used the Markup palette/functionality to 'tag' those elements as markup entries. Markup entries show the markup color (default red = redlining) until they are re-tagged as 'normal' entries using the markup palette.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Karl wrote:
Two possibilities:

Someone else whose TW color is red has reserved those elements and you have your workspace set to show colors by owner/reservation...

Or, you or someone else used the Markup palette/functionality to 'tag' those elements as markup entries. Markup entries show the markup color (default red = redlining) until they are re-tagged as 'normal' entries using the markup palette.
Thanks Karl!
It was Mark up Entries from EcoDesigner. A purely unintentional thing...haha...now my dull grey is back and I'm happy.
First off we were going to export .vut to VIP Energy but the HVAC consultant have changed their mind and will use IDA ICE instead so we'll just send the the IFC-model (however IDA is not the most IFC savvy program out there...).
Best regards,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

darrellsoho
Participant
I might be a little behind on this particular discussion, but I encountered what I assume to be the same or a similar problem, and came up with a different solution that might help others out there.

In the menu Document>Set Renovation Filter>Renovation Filter Options I noticed that an option was erroneously set to "override". I switched it to "show", and it appeared properly in 3D.

Hope this helps.

Version 15
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
darrellsoho wrote:
I might be a little behind on this particular discussion, but I encountered what I assume to be the same or a similar problem, and came up with a different solution that might help others out there.

In the menu Document>Set Renovation Filter>Renovation Filter Options I noticed that an option was erroneously set to "override". I switched it to "show", and it appeared properly in 3D.

Hope this helps.

Version 15
We have the problem in AC14. It's an on/off thingy...
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
We did a test clash detection and now we have a huge list of mark-up items. How can we get rid of these?
Karl wrote:
Two possibilities:

2022 ... I had the same problem . Thank you so much!!! 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

In AC24 and AC25, Mark-Ups are now called Issues and in the Issue Organizer Palette, you can select and delete multiple Issues in a single step.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27