BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Some problems with PM & AC v8.1

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Hi everyone,

I have recently installed ArchiCAD v8.1 (mac) and noticed the following behaviour which I hope someone will be able to explain:

AC:
Can't find the Special Menu by restarting AC pressing command+option.

I have to reload the ADD-ONS every time I open the file I am working with. The settings are not remembered.

PM:
When I try to Publish in Plotmaker as DWG, DXF,DWF etc the options are not listed in the available file formats to save as.

I did not have any of these problems with v8.0, which I am still using for now.

It looks like it is my problem since I haven't seen any comments about these, I apologize if treated this issues have been discussed.
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
To anyone who may be interested,

Two of the three problems posted got solved by re installing the software from the CD.
Still can't find the Special Menu by restarting AC while pressing Command+Option.
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I tried the SPECIAL MENU last week. It did come up but it took SEVERAL tries... I was trying every key combo with SHIFT / CMD / ALT... Finally after running thru them all about 3 times it worked...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Thomas Holm
Booster
In 7v3, I have the Special menu enabled all the time. What is the procedure to set that in 8.1/MacOSX?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
David Tauer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Under Windows, hold down the <Ctrl>+<Alt> key combination while you start ArchiCAD until the menu comes up. Under Mac use the <Cmd>+<Opt> key combination to achieve the same. You should see the Special menu to the right of the Window menu. If it doesn't come up you most probably haven't held the keys long enough. In this case you can just restart the program and do it once more.

In AC8.1 MAC OS, this <Cmd>+<Opt> is now a toggle switch. What this means is that if you invoke with Special Menu enabled, you need to use these keys again to toggle it off.

On PC, these <Ctrl>+<Alt> keys must be depressed each time you want to invoke the Special Menus.
David W. Tauer
Graphisoft U.S., Inc. - Boston
1-800-238-3992
http://www.archicadwiki.com
Learn and get certified!