Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Switching with new Mac machines back to Windows.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure not being alone and that someone did figure out this mess with mac not being 64 until version 14 or probably 15. I was mac user from 1987 till 1998; switched to wintel until this winter when I invested and switched back to macs (top of line mac pro, imac and book pro + software) and felt very good about it. Now maybe obvious dilemmas:

I know WHAT: plan B is now IN and I plan to abandon OS X for good; but have not clear crisp idea as HOW? (yes, I know boot camp)

Can anyone share his ideas or what they intend to do? (windows 7 or XP64; drivers compatibility or availability)

Suggestions as way to stay in Mac World are allowed.

Andy
11 REPLIES 11
Karl Ottenstein
Arkos wrote:
I'm considering purchasing an Apple MacBook Pro as a personal laptop.
Will the Boot Camp allow me to use PC-based ArchiCad 10 that the rest of the office uses?
Yes. You can run any Windows version of ArchiCAD under Boot Camp or under virtualization software such as Parallels Desktop. Either approach requires obtaining and installing license for some version of Microsoft Windows for your Mac.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erich
Contributor
Yes, provided that you load a copy of Windows on the machine. There are a couple of folks in our office that do just that.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K