Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Teamwork

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's an odd question...

We have a project teamworked on AC11. Just a few minutes ago, a teammate of mine copied and pasted a wall under my control to another story....he was not able to edit it afterwards, but he was still able to copy and paste it...he asked me to delete it because it was accidental and he couldn't manipulate it.

Why would that work???

It seems like an odd hole in the teamwork system...

Any reasons? Is there anything else out there similar to this that we should watch out for?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Sure -- you can copy elements outside of your workspace; however, if you paste them, and the layers the elements are on are not a part of your workspace, you cannot manipulate them. This is handy if you're working via Marquee, but you may run into problems if you're working by Story and/or Layers.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Whatever can be selected can be copied. Whatever is on the clipboard can be pasted and retains the settings of what was copied. How this plays out in Teamwork will depend on how things are shared. What would surprise me is if it allows items to be pasted to a layer that is locked (ie in someone else's workspace). Are your workspaces defined by layers or marquee (or something else)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
we use layers to check out pieces, and i "owned" the layer that my teammate had copied and pasted...which seemed wrong.