BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

The license key does not work on another device

Seba5714n
Participant

Helo, 

I have AC 16 and this version is enaugh for my job. So, when I try enter to AC I received 503 Error. AC is not detected License Key and showed me register site. GS Dealer is hard to talk and is not to give me email and password to enter the AC? How can I start AC with a registration key without login credentials for sites I never had?

Tjx for your support. 

12 REPLIES 12
Barry Kelly

What type of license do you have?

A hardware (USB) key, a network license, a software key?

Also I assume you have a full commercial license and not a trial or educational license?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

I have a hardware key (USB) and Yes, full commercial license. If you need I will share you a printscreen of this Error.

I have no idea why Dealer have an password and login when I have a hardware key of full version?

And sorry for that, but really is hard to talk with him..

I'll be very a preciate for help.

BR 

Sebastian

@Seba5714n wrote:

Hi Barry,

I have a hardware key (USB) and Yes, full commercial license. If you need I will share you a printscreen of this Error.

Yes please, I have not seen this before.

I have hardware keys and I can plug them in and run Archicad on any machine I want.

If it is Archicad 16, it won't even be asking for your Graphisoft ID login as 25 does.

If you open the License Manager tool on the other machine, does that recognise the license?

Can you also show the License Manager screen? - but be sure to blank out the license number - just to be safe.

BarryKelly_0-1654587587404.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

This is weird for me as well. But yes, when I open the License Manager tool on the other machine, does not that recognise the license, and information I have the same as on your picture. 

After my job I'll send to You the License Manager screen without the license number.

BR

Sebastian

PRTSc_3 is in Polish and that's mean: "The license key was not found (230)" or another error nr (503) with the same sentences. I couldn't find the errors code numbers?
PRTSc_1.pngPrtSc_2.pngPRTSc_3.png

Karl Ottenstein

This is pretty strange.  If license manager can read the info on the USB key, then the issue isn't a problem with the USB port itself (with "try another port" or "reboot" being the solution).

So... since it is Archicad that doesn't see the keyplug, I wonder if perhaps you don't just need to update or reinstall your Codemeter or WIBUkey software?  Being Archicad 16, I suppose you might have a WIBU key (plastic)?  If it is shiny metal, it is Codemeter.  See what version of runtime you have vs what is available here:

https://www.wibu.com/us/support/user/downloads-user-software.html

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly

It looks like your license is fine.

The 'Sign in with Graphisoft ID' is not needed - that is only if you have software licenses to manage.

If Archicad won't run when you start it then as Karl suggests, I would check you have the correct WIBU (green plastic USB) or Codemeter (silver metal USB) drivers installed.

Maybe it is just a case of installing the latest update for 16 - or even re-installing 16 again.

This should install the correct drivers.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hi Barry,

I have green one so I 'll check it. 

BR

Sebastian

Then that will be a WIBU key.

You can find the drivers here ... https://graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!