Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Unattended install Question

SeRohde
Booster
Good Morning Folks,

running
> ARCHICAD-24-GER-3008-1.7.exe --help

from elevated cmd prompt opens a neat little window which lists parameters
 --mode <mode>                                     Installation mode
                                                   Standard: win32
                                                   Zulässig: win32 unattended
                                                   Zulässig means valid, allowed
Is this still accurate?

I ran
> ARCHICAD-24-GER-3008-1.7.exe --mode unattended
and it seems it installed AC24 as 64-Bit (is there an 32-Bit Version at all?).
How do I check on that?
Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
SeRohde wrote:
LaszloNagy wrote:
Where is this 32-bit info? Is this in a GRAPHISOFT file? Can you tell me where? I could then forward it to GS HQ so they can fix it.
I can only describe it for the Windows Installer. It's a popup. After reading about unattended install methods in the helpcenter I wanted to try it out and maybe write a script for my company.

2020-10-06 13_21_41-Eingabeaufforderung.png
2020-10-06 13_21_41-AC24--help.png
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

win32 here means that it will run the installer without unattended mode. As you can see in the —mode option:
  • Default value is win32, that equals double-clicking the executable (.exe) file.
[list=]
  • Allowed value includes 2 options: win32 and unattended
  • When we want to install with unattended mode, we type —mode unattended.

For your information, the installers are still being made in 32-bit format, therefore it still carries the name win32 in the mode options.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further issues, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
    Minh

Minh Nguyen
    Technical Support Engineer
    GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    runxel
    Legend
    I think beginning with 23 there is no 32-bit version anymore. Pretty sure just nobody bothered to change the help text.
    It's also reflected in file paths and the registry. In former version it always had the architecture (32/64 bit) in the name.
    Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
    «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
    Laszlo Nagy
    Community Admin
    Community Admin
    Archicad has been 64-bit-only for the last 7-8 or so years:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25670/

SeRonde,

Where is this 32-bit info? Is this in a GRAPHISOFT file? Can you tell me where? I could then forward it to GS HQ so they can fix it.
    Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
    AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
    2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
    SeRohde
    Booster
    LaszloNagy wrote:
    I can only describe it for the Windows Installer. It's a popup. After reading about unattended install methods in the helpcenter I wanted to try it out and maybe write a script for my company.
    Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's
    Laszlo Nagy
    Community Admin
    Community Admin
    Thanks, I will forward this info to GRAPHISOFT.
    I was thinking about it a little bit, and maybe it is the installer that is still 32-bit because Archicad is definitely not. But I will let the guys at GS HQ sort it out.
    Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
    AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
    2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
    Solution
    Minh Nguyen
    Graphisoft Alumni
    Graphisoft Alumni
    SeRohde wrote:
    LaszloNagy wrote:

2020-10-06 13_21_41-Eingabeaufforderung.png
    2020-10-06 13_21_41-AC24--help.png
    Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

win32 here means that it will run the installer without unattended mode. As you can see in the —mode option:
    • Default value is win32, that equals double-clicking the executable (.exe) file.
    [list=]
  • Allowed value includes 2 options: win32 and unattended
  • When we want to install with unattended mode, we type —mode unattended.

For your information, the installers are still being made in 32-bit format, therefore it still carries the name win32 in the mode options.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further issues, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
    Minh

Minh Nguyen
    Technical Support Engineer
    GRAPHISOFT