BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Uninstall issues with R14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep the 2 latest releases of Archicad on my machine. In preparation of installing R16, I am trying to uninstall R14 from my machine. I have tried going to the Control Panel, under Add/Remove Programs; inserting the R14 DVD; and have gone into Windows Explorer, under Unistall AC to unistall the program. I have also shut down the machine and rebooted.

What happens is right after I double click, the little Graphisoft "spinning wheel" appears, which is typical during installations. After about 2 seconds, it disappears, and then nothing. We had a staff meeting this morning, so I left it alone for about an hour, to make sure it was not slow, and still nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

Jeff
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
Do you have administrator rights to add/remove programs on your machine?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, full Administrator rights. I have started using Archicad on R12, and installed and uninstalled R12 & R13 without a problem. The computer is the same, and Windows XP has not been reinstalled, only standard Windows updates.

thanks
Erika Epstein
Booster
All Archicads are closed?
You rebooted just in case....?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, all Archicad's and other programs closed (outlook, firefox, etc...). The only thing running was background applications that you see on the Task Manager. We do have Norton Symantec Antivirus, that runs from the server, but we have never had problems installing or uninstalling programs before.

I do have the WIBU key plugged in, I never had a problem uninstalling with it plugged in.

I will try later to shut down Norton, unplug the WIBU key, and anything I can think of to uninstall. I will report back after this.

If you can think of any other background applications I can shut off, let me know. My computer normally runs about 60 background applications. Its a lot, but most of them are server and exchange server applications.

thanks
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
jballar wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Jeff, I think you might have Java version 7 installed on your computer and unfortunately the uninstaller of AC 14 is not compatible with that. See this article for troubleshooting steps: http://archicadwiki.com/Install/Java

I hope this helps.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
SUCCESS!

I had about 6 different Java Versions on my machine. More than 1 was Java 7 (different update versions). I ended up deleting them all and installed the Java that was on the link that was previously posted. It worked after that.

thank you.
Learn and get certified!