Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Using objects! Help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did most of the basic training guide, and it was great. I'm building my own model for my own project, but I can't seem to get any objects to work.

I wanted to configure a stair, but I'm not sure how to get one going. The tutorial had predefined favorites, which is super convenient. The ArchiCAD help file said something bout building one from scratch using stairmaker, or using an existing one as a template. I don't mind using existing default objects right now since I've just started, but I can't seem to do that.

Seeing as how a stair seemed rather complicated, I decided to try to open up a chair in my project. I went and downloaded a couple chair packages from the open GDL page (I got the Wiesner-Hager folder) but everytime I opened up an object, there would be something funky with the 2d script. I'd be able to place a chair in plan, but when I went to look at it in 3d it would complain about the script and blank out my 3d screen (until I went to delete it).

So THEN I decided it would be really great if I could just use the "favorites" objects from the tutorial. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to access them. If only I could copy paste from one document to the next! Anyways, help a n00b out! I really like ArchiCAD I'm just getting stuck on some dumb stuff.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
After Opening the Stair Settings dialog…

It is not obvious and it is not your fault
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I think the problem is bigger... apparently when you open objects in Libraries you should get a whole list and a directory, but mine has none of that. See the picture.

So I think it was when I was downloading the updates... it told me to download the new library, so I did. I think I dragged that file into the ArchiCAD 11 Libraries folder and after that the check for updates function said my version was totally up to date:
"Your ArchiCAD is up-to-date
Your library is up-to-date
Version Lang Build Platform Type Library Date
11 USA 1210 Mac FULL "

However I don't think I loaded my library quite right since I can't navigate it. Should I delete ArchiCAD and reinstall it? I have a student version, will there be a problem of using the same serial number again? Or is there a simpler way to remedy my poor library situation? I really don't want to be making all my toilets and stairs and things from scratch... =\

Thanks so much ;__;
Picture 1.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! That helps my stairway problem.

That doesn't help the fact that I have no objects in my library problem
(See my newer post)
Eduardo Rolon
Under
File -> Libraries -> Library Manager

point it to your library inside Archicad's program folder
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB