BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

V14 file opens fine in AC 14, fails to open in AC 15.

Chazz
Enthusiast
Anyone seen this? I think I have two AC 14 files now that just never open in 15. The library loading report comes up, other things happen but eventually the beach-ball starts spinning and AC 15 starts taking up more and more system resources until the machine is almost unusable and the AC 15 session must be force quit. This is a huge issue when trying to migrate projects.

Any similar experiences? Any workarounds?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just the usual...

Try merging the file into a blank AC15 file.

or...

Export the model as a module.

or...

Copy/paste from AC14 to AC15.

Depending on the problem it might take a variety of methods to bring in all the bits.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Thanks Matthew,

....sigh....

You remind me that even when the alternatives seem so unpleasant and arduous and time wasting (and anxiety producing: "will I get all the data?"), they are not that bad once you let go of your frustration roll up your sleeves and just do it.

Thanks again,

Chazz
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it's like when you lose a bunch of work to a crash (though this is becoming vanishingly rare these days). I have found it usually on takes about a fifth of the time do redo it once you get past the fuming and cursing.
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Sound similar to a problem I had. Try doing a rebuild of all the sections in AC14 then save. You may have to open the sections as well.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Learn and get certified!