Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Video Card Problem, or Memory Problem?

sirduncan02
Participant

First thing this morning I restarted my computer because Windows, in all its infinite wisdom, updated my machine and forced a reboot overnight.

So after a reboot first thing, I fire up AC26 and open my working file and I get issues right away, as seen in the video at this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-GrOhfCLN-1ZSSD4IstgL1G4clxcsNuF/view?usp=sharing

It seems to me this must be a video card problem or a memory problem.  Has anyone seen this issue before, and if so, do you have any answers as to why it might be doing this?  AC26 is driving me crazy with lots of lag and stutters and failure to recognize keystrokes.  It feels like I have to wait 1 second between every single thing I do.  Click, wait, move, wait, click, wait, keystroke, wait, clic, wait, etc....  it's driving me nuts and I'm hoping someone has some answers.

Johnathan Duncan
www.CastleGateDesign.com
Working in AC 26 5002 USA FULL.
Dell 5820 Tower X-Series
Intel Core i9-10940x CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64.0 GB Installed RAM
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 video card.
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

Have you tried updating you video drivers and such? Windows updates sometimes break your drivers... Vendors will usually have an update at the same time in these cases, but if not you may need to rollback an update.

Not related to your previous post?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Thank you for the ideas.  I just checked my video card drivers and they are up to date.  And yes, I'm thinking this is all related.  But it's not a cheap video card, so I don't want to replace it to find it's not the problem.  I'm just hoping someone here has seen this issue and can provide some direction.   Thanks!

Johnathan Duncan
www.CastleGateDesign.com
Working in AC 26 5002 USA FULL.
Dell 5820 Tower X-Series
Intel Core i9-10940x CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
64.0 GB Installed RAM
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 video card.
salmawisoky
Newcomer

1. Update Graphics Card Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause performance issues and graphical glitches. Visit the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest drivers for your specific graphics card model.
2. Check System Requirements: Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for running ArchiCAD 26. Inadequate hardware specifications can lead to performance problems. Pay attention to the recommended graphics card and memory requirements.
3. Disable Graphics Card Acceleration: In some cases, disabling hardware acceleration for your graphics card can help resolve performance issues. You can usually find this option in the graphics card settings or within ArchiCAD's preferences/settings menu.