Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Video card problem - I think :S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have recently put together a new computer and have been experiencing some problems with the graphics in Archicad 11. I am running a 3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo, XP home, 2GB DDR2 ram, HP ATI FireGL V7200 256MB PCI-E graphics card, and a 22" ASUS widescreen LCD monitor.

The screen resolution is set at 1680x1050 at 32-bit colour.

The problem happens after i have loaded my .pla or .pln file. It will run fine for the first couple operations but when switching views (from plan to perspective, level 1 to level 2, etc) the graphics will take a long time to catch up (up to 20 seconds at times). It takes a long time to do any modifications to any building elements, even selecting a wall will take a long time to load. This never used to happen with my older 256MB AGP GForce 6600 video card. I would have thought the new V7200 PCI-E card would have no trouble handling such basic operations.

I have installed the original drivers as well as the latest drivers for the video card, but there is no difference in performance. In fact with the new drivers I am unable to view perspectives as it comes up with a persistent message saying "an error occurred in the following addon: OpenGL".

Never had any problems with 3D gaming (in fact it's been great). Just doesn't seem to like ArchiCAD.

Does anyone know how to remedy this problem, without resorting to throwing the computer off a cliff?

Thanks for your time,

Johnny
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
it's not the graphic card problem - i mean technical on or so, but the divers - i have the same problem for about a week, and in the end i even have bought Vista Ultimate...but with no results.. Eventually I've installed on on the other drive one more time XP Professional and the drivers, but not the latest ones, but from october 2007. Everthing is OK

The drivers need to be either from october, august or may 2007 - i've had experienced very similar problems with ArchiCAD 10 in june and changing the drivers was all i had to do...and now - after system reinstallation and getting the latest drivers(they need to be fixed).
oh and don't forget to instal the certified driver from the list below the drivers pack - it's also needed to run archiCAD 11 (and 10) properly.. i hope what i wrote will help you a little bit, let me know if so

P.S. Now I use Windows XP Professional x86/ Windows Vista x64 Ultimate, motherboard Asus P5B, ATI FireGL 3400 and ArchiCAD 11 EDU