Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall conection to slab

Noro
Contributor

For some reason my wall is not going all the way down to concrete slab despite of being connected to the concrete slab. As you can see, the other walls are connected to the slab as wall and they are displayed correctly.

Noro_0-1685339574941.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Noro
Contributor

I finally solved it. The wall bellow was overlaping to the floor above, so in the part that looks like insulation were two walls overlaping.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ArchiMind
Advocate

Hello @Noro,

It looks like the material priority issue. Could you check if your insulation material is of higher strength than the wall material.

Cheers,

Stefan

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

That is a really odd situation you have got there with the wall cutting half way through one of your insulation layers. Would you be able to provide an image of your floor composite settings? Is that wall a Complex Profile?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Yes, masonry wall have higher strength than insulation, otherwise wall wouldn't cut trough first raw of insulation. 

Noro_0-1686153374219.png

Could you explain it litlle more? What do you mean by composite settings? And wall isn't profile if you mean that.

Noro_1-1686153562608.png

Hey @Noro,

From what I can see in the picture masonry and insulation are the same strength, if not could be that some other element is cutting that part of the wall (for example beam, that has stronger priority material). If you want you could send me the file so i could check it up.

Cheers,

Stefan 

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11

It may seems like same strength, but it is different by 8 units.

DGSketcher
Legend

The presence of six nodes and the slightly odd hatch pattern suggest you may have two objects occupying the same space. With the same selection use View Selection in 3D from the context menu and see if that sheds some light on what is happening.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

8. Bottom, floor, top of finish, top of wall. But they said it is not a Profile...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Missed the two at the floor. From the displacement it looks like two walls with a door in one of them.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)