Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Walls Don't Clean Up After Merge

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had two instances where drafters have Merged a very simple AutoCAD drawing into an ArchiCAD plan and the walls will no longer clean up. I've checked the Display Options and several other things, but there seems to be no reason why none of the walls will clean up. Is this another bug?
7 REPLIES 7
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Jay wrote:
We have had two instances where drafters have Merged a very simple AutoCAD drawing into an ArchiCAD plan and the walls will no longer clean up. I've checked the Display Options and several other things, but there seems to be no reason why none of the walls will clean up. Is this another bug?
Have you checked you groupings in you layer settings? Are all of them set to 1 or 2? May be the merge of the DWG file has changed them to 0.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Ben Odonnell" wrote:
Have you checked you groupings in you layer settings? Are all of them set to 1 or 2? May be the merge of the DWG file has changed them to 0.

That was it! Any idea why merging would change the number of an existing layer?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem a while ago. A right pain in the *&£%*. To fix it I had to merge the whole file into a new project.

Fixed in 8.1 apparently.

Mark B
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Jay wrote:
Ben wrote:
That was it! Any idea why merging would change the number of an existing layer?
Jay. I'm not really sure why you are having this problem. I have tested it as well with a DWG and I don't get the same problem. Although I have had it before, it was in the earlier releases of ArchiCAD R/V1 & R/V2.. R/V3 and ArchiCAD 8.1 R/V1 are both working as they should...

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys
This could be the known bug in the smart merge section of the dxf/dwg translator where by if you dwg out with "prepare drawing for smart merge" selected and then modify it in autocad then return trip the dwg back to ArchiCAD 8.0 it will reset all your wall intersections. The solution is to re do the layer indexing for the walls.

Keith Clarke.
Djordje
Ace
Keith wrote:

Hi Guys
This could be the known bug in the smart merge section of the dxf/dwg translator where by if you dwg out with "prepare drawing for smart merge" selected and then modify it in autocad then return trip the dwg back to ArchiCAD 8.0 it will reset all your wall intersections. The solution is to re do the layer indexing for the walls.

Keith Clarke.
8.1 has a nice API in the Goodies folder that automatically fixes the layer combos; it is fre for you, so try it out before you spend too much time in manual fixing (yes, a pain, I know ...)

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=139
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Djordje wrote:
Keith wrote:

Hi Guys

Keith Clarke.
8.1 has a nice API in the Goodies folder that automatically fixes the layer combos; it is fre for you, so try it out before you spend too much time in manual fixing (yes, a pain, I know ...)

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=139
Why didn't I know about this one?? Just gave it a try, worked like a charm..
Ben O'Donnell