BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

What would you do with a Cray computer?

matjashka
Enthusiast
Since I work with Macs, and the multi-core powermacs make most sense to me how far you should go with "personal computers", when a friend of mine told me that he was in a possession of a Cray CX1, I was not impressed.

It's some special-Windows-driven graphic workstation that he can't really take advantage of (how he got it is sort of a personal story... but he got it straight from Microsoft). You will hear the word "cray" whispered in a scientific or academic environment maybe, but not on your train to work.

It's a "personal" computer, i.e. when you plug it in, supposedly the lights will still be up in your building. We don't know, because the gigaflop-chewing monster has been gathering dust for almost a year. I think nobody was interested in the ads he posted.

What would you do if you had one?
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
If I had a Cray computer I would eradicate hunger and create world peace.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make dinosaurs! 😉
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'd definitely go with making dinosaurs. either that or storing my shopping list.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Learn GDL and write the mother of all stairmaker addons for Archicad.

A choice of stair railing and balluster options running to 10,214,245,134,928,451.

Think about it, no 2 houses need ever have to have the same stairs ever again....
Anonymous
Not applicable
S T A I R S ! ! !

Is there an advance reservation list? I'm on it!

Do doors / windows and my first born is yours.

Snap
Learn and get certified!