BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

White Text over Fill Problem

MSotero
Participant
In my tile blocks, sheet index, etc. I use white text over solid fills to create text effects like the attached image.
Publishing from PM for PDF, PLT, DWG, DWF, etc are fine.
However, if I publish a bit map format such as pict, tiff, jpeg, jpeg2000, then the white text drops out leaving me with the fill and black text.

These days the planning departments appreciate getting tiff or jpeg files to put together PowerPoint presentations (otherwise they have to scan stuff).

The Display Order of drawing elements has the Fills set to Send to Back and Text set to Bring to Front.

I'm using the most current AC9 build 2172.
So is it a bug or am I missing a step?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try to use the "opaque" option available in the "text settings" dialog.
I think it works
MSotero
Participant
miker wrote:
Try to use the "opaque" option available in the "text settings" dialog.
I think it works
Thanks but that does not seem to work.
That option seems affect the text cell (or box?) but not the text itself.
Aussie John
Newcomer
use the PDF option as Powerpoint can use them.
If I am reading you right you are using a grey fill with white text over. Try giving the text the inbuilt coloured background and that may behave better.
Alternatively make a PDF then convert the PDF to a JPEG
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
MSotero
Participant
Aussie wrote:
use the PDF option as Powerpoint can use them.
If I am reading you right you are using a grey fill with white text over. Try giving the text the inbuilt coloured background and that may behave better.
Alternatively make a PDF then convert the PDF to a JPEG
Thanks for your input as it is appreciated.
Yes the pdf to jpeg thing is what I've been having to do for them.
And I do provide them with the pdf's too (which is not entirely the point).
If PM is unable to produce the bitmap images as it should, then isn't this a bug that should be fixed.
After all, it isn't just for the isolated application I mentioned that I could use bitmap images.
Even though a work around may exist for many things, if a bug actually exists it would be nice to have it fixed to save the trouble.
I guess that it what I'm trying to get a handle on with my post. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly.
I don't want to assume its a bug, but it seems to be one.
Karl Ottenstein
MSotero wrote:
In my tile blocks, sheet index, etc. I use white text over solid fills to create text effects like the attached image.
Publishing from PM for PDF, PLT, DWG, DWF, etc are fine.
However, if I publish a bit map format such as pict, tiff, jpeg, jpeg2000, then the white text drops out leaving me with the fill and black text.
I asked Michael privately for a small test file to check this.

This is indeed a bug on the Mac version of 9. It works fine on Windows. I would imagine that it is corrected in 10.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!