BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Windows 7 ultimate - archicad 14 startup crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a question for wich i haven`t found an answer yet : i have a 4gb ram, i5 processor, ati radeon 5470 @ 1 gb video OS:w7 ultimate ... i installed the archicad 14 from the site with the student licence...installation went ok...installed quicktime and stuff and when i startup archicad it loads the window...the image...but doesn`t load...and not responding...what to do? what`s the problem...?javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
forgot to mention windows 7 x64
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe is Windows Firewall that is blocking ArchiCAD?
Check Firewall settings.
Djordje
Ace
Did you install as Administrator? It is required, and VERY important on W7
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
First stop on solving install problems:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD14/InstallProblems
Anonymous
Not applicable
alexnejat wrote:
I have a question for wich i haven`t found an answer yet : i have a 4gb ram, i5 processor, ati radeon 5470 @ 1 gb video OS:w7 ultimate ... i installed the archicad 14 from the site with the student licence...installation went ok...installed quicktime and stuff and when i startup archicad it loads the window...the image...but doesn`t load...and not responding...what to do? what`s the problem...?javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
I have exactly the same problem. My computer has almost identical specifications (I have win 7 professional instead of ultimate and graphic 5670 instead of 5470) and I have tried to install and start it with firewall and antivirus shut down and installation has been made with administrator rights. Have you found a solution on your computer? If so, I would appreciate to know how to fix it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure Archicad has permission to write to it's own files on C: too!
We've hit this problem here and it makes no sense at all but it causes all sorts of dramas!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My computer is an Acer.
I had a similar problem, ArchiCAD would not run.
It was tracked that one of the pre-installed applications called eDataSecurity or something was blocking access to certain folders ArchiCAD needed access to.
So AC could not access these folders (they were either in the Program Files or the Documents folder) so it just quit.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Had the same problem, installed as administrator and everything, and at the first start it hangs. The solution in my case was to RUN archicad as administrator too.I saw that everybody wrote that they installed as admins, but not RUN as admins. Hope it helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem, it was running normally for 2-3 wks after I installed it but last week it just stopped working, I've uninstalled it, then reinstalled it; I've changed my firewall settings, my security software settings. everything that has already been suggested, even installing and running as administrator but it still won't work. Can someone help, cause I really need this software for my assignments???
Learn and get certified!