Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Windows / ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a new Architect who is using Windows 2000 w/ AutoCad 2005 on a PC (plenty of processor power, plenty of memory, etc.). ArchiCAD 10 will not run on Win 2000 - only on Windows XP Pro or it's 64 bit brother, at least as far as I can gather from "System Requirements" for AC10. Can we get an external HD, load Windows XP Pro onto it and then AC 10 and have both accessible. It's easy to do on a Mac, but I'm not sure about doing this on a Windows PC. We're getting ready to send him to "school" for AC10, but need to have both AutoCad & AC10 available during the transition. Can it be done using the PC he's currently working on?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows 2000 is not quoted as supported. See http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/system_requirements/
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
the best way is probably to do a partition on your PC and to switch from one system to another. You need however the format FAT if you want to access files within windows xp part. I guess it is not even necessary since you will likely need to import from Autocad to Archicad but not the contrary.
All the best
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hum sorry I mixed up with windows 98 and Me. No problem with NTFS versus FAT32. So I partition should be fine