Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Wireless Networks

Just curious.
Are there any group of users working in a wireless network and if so, does AC performance degrades ?

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Conrado wrote:
Are there any group of users working in a wireless network and if so, does AC performance degrades ?
Just looking at specs, I wouln't. The throghput is just not enough. You need 100s of MBs per second for the usual work, let alone something heavy.

Stick to wires for the time being ... although wireless is appealing
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thanks Djordje,

Yes, it is appealing but you just confirmed my suspicions.

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Anonymous
Not applicable
They do have some 20-30 Base-T networking components you could put together now. 10-base-T isn't too bad either. It mainly depends on how you have your network setup, and your drawing files set up. If you drop stuff from a server and work on it locally (with a local parts library). . .wireless is the way to go. Besides. . ..pln files aren't THAT big.

There is also a BIG security factor with wireless networks, so before implementing one. . .do your research!!! 😉 Otherwise. . .little Tommy will bring down your servers faster than you can say "Where's my data?!!"