BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

another mac issue with full screen?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
It is very effective and impressive to show your design in explore mode in full screen...now when I've changed to mac I CAN'T...or did I miss something? I saw earlier posts about this (years ago) but was terrified I still can't show full screen. I may cut a hole in a black paper the size as my 3D window and taper it on the screen...workaround of the day. I'm getting seriously sad.
OK...I've made a work environment...but still...
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
5 REPLIES 5
__archiben
Booster
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
... now when I've changed to mac I CAN'T...or did I miss something?.
no. you couldn't and you still can't. one simple wish that was made over 5 years ago now if i recall correctly. surely it can't be too difficult can it?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
~/archiben wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
... now when I've changed to mac I CAN'T...or did I miss something?.
no. you couldn't and you still can't. one simple wish that was made over 5 years ago now if i recall correctly. surely it can't be too difficult can it?

~/archiben
Sigh...
My conclusion with the MacBookPro 17" so far (intensive user of many programs and files at the same time....) is that it is a stylish piece of not-so-efficient-workhorse...
but I'm working on it...

AC 25 SWE Full

TomWaltz
Participant
why not? You could just minimize all the other palettes then maximize the 3D window.
Tom Waltz
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
TomWaltz wrote:
why not? You could just minimize all the other palettes then maximize the 3D window.
Yeah, I've done a WE for this but it's one of many things that takes more actions to complete than compared to my old PC...but I'm learning...one day maybe I'll start to like the thing...who knows.
AC 25 SWE Full

Dwight
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
It doesn't make the borders disappear - that's the problem.

As for blanking out the border, i prefer the polyester electrician's tape because it doesn't creep as badly as the cheap stuff does.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!