Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

archicad 17 and Osx 10.9 Mavericks with no 3d view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed archicad 17 in a computer with a beta test of next apple operating system, OsX Mavericks.

as a result, i can't see the 3d model in 3d view, this view remains in plain white perhaps because of new support of OpenGL 4.1 in mavericks

any idea about it?

I hope Graphisoft programmers are aware of this possible problem

regards
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Graphisoft is no doubt working with the beta release of Mavericks, too, but I doubt (?) that they can discuss anything in public. This seems like the kind of issue it would be hard for them to miss - but consider reporting it and any other beta Mavericks issues you find directly to GS via the tech support contact for your country.

In the past, there have been issues in the new OS itself (OS X and Windows) that were beyond anything GS could do... and required them to wait for fixes from Apple or Microsoft. Just as a heads up to anyone who is ready to jump onto 10.9 the moment Apple releases it: don't do it. Wait until GS announces full support.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl -

We will heed your advice and wait for any announcement for full support. But have you seen any more news as to the release? We are anxious because Apple is offering OSX Mavericks for free and that would save us $$$ but it might not last long.

Much appreciated.

Josh Cuthbertson.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Josh and All,
please find here our compatibility notes to GRAPHISOFT products on 10.9: http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton wrote:
Josh and All,
please find here our compatibility notes to GRAPHISOFT products on 10.9: http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks

Marton
Excellent resource!

Thank you so much.
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
I breathed a sigh of relief when I discovered this in Mavericks.

If you are having trouble displaying other windows on your second screen, right click on the ArchiCAD icon in the dock and select Options - Assign to - 'All Desktops' - all the ArchiCAD windows can now display on the other screen....
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au