Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

corrupted pln and bpn file

dhaval7shah
Newcomer
Hello,

We had saved a file yesterday but today it could not be opened, neither the .bpn could be opened. It also failed to repair.

on duplicating the .bpn it turned to 3.4GB (from 2.4 GB original size), While running the disk utility, it showed that 3.4GB bpn with 'incorrect block count'
(Here the .pln file was showing approx 240 mb only)

Dear Technical admin, Should i create a support package and send it to you? to see what can we do. Thank you.

Dhaval Shah
Upto AC 22
iMacs and MacBookPros: Mac OS X (10.6 to 10.12, Intel core 2 Quad to i5, i7, 8 GB to 16GB)
Win 10, AMD Opteron 6-Core x 2, 16GB, FirePro W4100 2GB
& ThinkPad E550
& i7, 8GB
3 REPLIES 3
vistasp
Advisor
Hi Dhaval,

You should get in touch with your reseller to try and sort this issue out as this is a user forum -- even though it is hosted on GS servers.

Cheers.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey dhaval7shah

Did you have any luck fixing this issue.

I had the same problem happen to me this week.
Admittedly the cause was most likely my fault - I was meeting a client with my laptop, and didn't shut close down the file correctly or the PC. Next morning couldn't open the file or the bpn.

Luckily had an older secondary backup, but still lost 3 days of work.

I don't understand how the issue causes both files to become corrupted ?

Both files we're sent to GS, they couldn't fix it either.
gpowless
Advocate
I have been having the same issue. Support has been notified and have started a ticket.

Currently, I have 2 .pln files that can't be opened - they crash just after libraries load. Seemed to be fine before AC21 5010 update.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full