BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

draw order on plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the best way to hide walls behind an elevated slab on the floor plan? With cover fills? I tried resetting draw order without success...

SOLAPE1.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
you could also try adjusting the 'floor plan cut plane' to be above the slab in question. You can find the setting for that in the 'View Settings' dialog box once you've created your views.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That could be a solution, but I dont want to go thru that road. It may cut where I dont want to. This problem is basically a kitchen counter on top of a 6" low wall. Isnt there a way to make slabs opaque to hide anything bellow them?
Anonymous
Not applicable
jocontreras wrote:
What is the best way to hide walls behind an elevated slab on the floor plan? With cover fills? I tried resetting draw order without success...
Yes, use a cover fill. If there is no fill the slab won't be solid in plan, and the wall will always show thru.
Anonymous
Not applicable
When using cover fills, don't forget to check your Model View Options. In case you have the option 'Transparent' enabled, you'll have no success...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all. I was doing the cover fills from the begining I just wanted to make sure there wasnt an easier way.
s2art wrote:
jocontreras wrote:
Yes, use a cover fill. If there is no fill the slab won't be solid in plan, and the wall will always show thru.
To expand on this, use the internal cover fill of the slab in its settings. Then on the walls use "send to back."
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Learn and get certified!