Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

interactive schedules

Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Hi just wondering if anyone else has come across this.
When using the interactive scheduler, the orientation of the opening side, of all swinging and sliding windows and doors is shown as left, even if the opening orientation is right. (in the orientation column and the preview picture)
If I use the standard window schedule 1, it will show the opening orientations as all 0.
If I use the standard door schedule 1, it will show the opening orientations correctly. I then copied and modified this list scheme and got it to include windows as well as doors and now it works fine for both.
thankyou........

Ben
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Ben wrote:
When using the interactive scheduler, the orientation of the opening side, of all swinging and sliding windows and doors is shown as left, even if the opening orientation is right. (in the orientation column and the preview picture)
Seems to work fine in the US library - was just giving a friend a tutorial today, and his doors were coming up with the proper swing. Only a handful of the possible doors in the library, mind you, so it might be a case of luck.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Interesting to see it works for someone else
yes I thought maybe it was the symbol because I use the Australian symbol library, so I tried with the standard library door and window sybols and still no fun. I thought also it could be a corrupted layout from the list scheme so I reinstalled Archicad, still no fun.

any ideas
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Ben.
When you reinstalled ArchiCAD did you go into C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Graphisoft\IS Settings..
and throw your settings folders??? Just an idea here. May be if you throw them it will help..
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
When you reinstalled ArchiCAD did you go into C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Graphisoft\IS Settings..

Ben
Thanks for the suggestion, I didnt even realise that folder existed, well actually it doesnt on my machine for some reason. I do have a folder at C:\Program Files\ArchiCAD 8\Add-Ons\Standard named IS Default Settings, do you think that this would contain the same information ? or do you have this folder on you system as well

Regards

Ben
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Ben wrote:

Ben
Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't even realise that folder existed, well actually it doesn't on my machine for some reason. I do have a folder at C:\Program Files\ArchiCAD 8\Add-Ons\Standard named IS Default Settings, do you think that this would contain the same information ? or do you have this folder on you system as well

Regards

Ben
Sorry I missed this one..

Ben by default the application folder is hidden on WinXP. I'm not sure what OS you are using. It's been a while since I used Win2K but if I remeber right its the same even in Win2K.

I suspect that this is the reason why you are not seeing this folder as it resides in the application data folder..

HTH.
Cheers
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Hi Ben

Thanks for reply, yes I use XP and no, system folders are not hidden. But I did a search including hidden folders for IS Settings and found the folder at C:\Documents and Settings\ben\Local Settings\Application Data\Graphisoft\IS Settings
Notice the "local settings", if it werent for you I would know to look so cheers. Will try to reinstall AGAIN and see what happens

will keep you posted

Regards

Ben
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Good luck
Ben O'Donnell