Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

mobile lightweigt notebook for cad - need advice

philippfrozrh
Newcomer
Dear Experts-Community:
I am looking for a very mobile workstation notebook, used primarily as an addition to my main pc for homeoffice and travelling. Main tasks will be: Archicad 3D-BIM as I am planning to switch to Archicad next year - smaller projects (e.g. office building) and Layoutsoftware like Indesign from time to time I use also Q-GIS, but mainly office, indesign and archicad
Must haves: 32 GB RAM, extendable - not soldered
matt display
long battery hours
silent, even under average load (must not be silent while rendering - but quite silent while 3D-drawing)
 <2kg
Price < 2.300,- EUR if possible

actual thougts, as they are offered at my university:
- HP Elitebook 865 G9 with AMD Ryzen 6950HS and iGPU Radeon 680m - not sure if it is as strong as the reviews convey and if enough for cad ?
- HP ZBook Firefly 16 G9 with i7 1255U and NVIDIA Quadro T550 - sounds attractive weight and performance wise , but reviews say performance is very weak - elitebook would maybe be even better?
- HP Zbook Power 15 G9 with Intel Core i7-12700H and NVIDIA Quadro T600 - not that lightweight - is the quadro t600 worth the weight and money compared to the elitebook? how is the cooling system?
- Schenker Vision 16 - I have no ideas about schenker - can somebody help out?

I appreciate any help as I am really overstrained with these reviews, benchmarks etc.
thank you -
Philipp

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

Unless someone is actually using one of these systems, I am afraid it is all just a bit of a guess.

You don't say what version of Archicad you want to use.

The newer the version, the more requirements it tends to have.

So long as your machine meets the minimum requirements, you should be OK.

Requirements for 26 can be found here...

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/system-requirements

Of course always buy the best machine you can afford.

My personal opinion, don't go too 'lightweight'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11