Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

mouse not working properly in Archicad 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I recently broke my wireless mouse, so I bought a new one, actually 3 new ones, none of them seem to work properly in Archicad 10 platform xp
the zoom wheel scroll rather than zoom and I can't get the pan to work when I press the wheel, I know it is not the mouse brcause I tried few different ones, I even tried the broken one and it stopped working properly in spite of it use too. I have downloaded the mouse driver ( LOGITECH) but that didn't help. Someone told me you have to get the mouse to work with Archicad rather than windows but I don't know where to do that from. Does anybody have an answer to this problem
6 REPLIES 6
All I can add to this is that ArchiCAD works best with a mouse when:

a) You disable mouse features in the driver software for ArchiCAD, allowing ArchiCAD to take over the mouse when it is active; or if that can't be done...

b) Don't install a mouse driver if possible (Mac can do this).

Basically you can't have the driver overriding ArchiCAD's use of the mouse.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
What king of mouses are these? They have scroll wheel, don't they?

Get used to pressing Ctrl while zooming!

For other driver specific details search the forum!

I also found out that with expensive Microsoft mouses it is very hard to press the wheel! So, avoid them - not good for CAD!
Anonymous
Not applicable
'Plug & Play' mouses which donot require any drivers seem to work better with CAD Applications IMHO. I had similar problem working in ADT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found that any of the current 'fancy' mouses (micees!) with 'tilt' wheels are impossible in Archicad - a pity really as they often have useful additonl buttons back / forward and so on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
troakie wrote:
I have found that any of the current 'fancy' mouses (micees!) with 'tilt' wheels are impossible in Archicad - a pity really as they often have useful additonl buttons back / forward and so on.

Wrong!
I have been using such mouses for three years! Work great!
jaesengh wrote:
'Plug & Play' mouses which donot require any drivers seem to work better with CAD Applications IMHO.

They do, as long as you need a fourth button - then simple mouses are not un option!
jaesengh wrote:
I had similar problem working in ADT.

The problem is not related to AC only. I have been experiencing such problems since the introduction of the scroll wheel - back in Autocad 2000. I am experiencing the even now as on Mozilla!

COnfigure your mouse driver properly and press Ctrl!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use the Apple Mighty Mouse cordless with both Mac (of course) and WinXP with no problems at all. The tiny scroll ball can be a little sensitive at times but it really flies in ArchiCAD.