Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

openGL on mac powerbook . . .

__archiben
Booster
is it just me, or is anybody else with a powerbook getting unneccessary screen 'white-out' after just about every operation they perform?

panning, zooming, redrawing gets it back to a sensible state, though...

i have an ATI RAGE mobility 7 card with 32MB ram. it was happening alot in OSX 10.2.x, but seems to be occurring about twice as frequently with 10.3 . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only time this happened to us is if we had open GL enabled for 2d drawing. Disable (in preferences) and wait to enable it once we have 8.1. If that is not the case, ie, you allready have it disabled, I don't have a clue. BTW, does anyone know if open GL, for 2d, does now work in 8.1? We have not received the update, - checking the mail twice a day.
__archiben
Booster
dr lau

yes - i have openGL enabled for 2D - on a big projects it is really a worthwhile timesaver.

i don't get the 'white-out' when i'm not using it, nor do i get it with openGL enabled for 2D on a dual 867 G4 tower, (hence the title: 'openGL on mac powerbook'!!). the difference is that the powerbook has an ATI mobility card, and the tower an nvidea geforce 4

i am using 8.1, so i guess that you won't be in luck when you get your copy.

they may be some clue in djordje's post in the topic:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=144

where he says that there is a known memory leakage from the graphics card drivers . . . mildly annoying, but as i said; on a large project file it does pay off.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup