BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

speed on a sub-speedy machine

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am curious if any of you know which features to turn off in ArchiCad 13, if your machine is a little old but you want to use Archicad efficiently. My video card is a 128 mb card, and my processor is a P4 3.0ghz. 4 gb of ram. I gave all the speedy new machines to my BIM production staff, but there are times when I need to help them.

Are there bells and whistles I could turn off to make things a little faster? Like aminated zooming, etc.?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
Just like in the old days, it is the modern features that suction the power.

Reduce the demands on your OpenGL video by keeping 3D window views tiny. Minimize OpenGL options - dialog 'Options' in 3D Window Settings.

Select simplified Redraw options in Work Environment. [mine are attached, but experiment for yourself]

Speculative savings:

Keep Info box showing minimal data - set this for each tool in Work Environment.

OR: Learn how to work without the Info box entirely [lots of systematic favorites and eyedropper use can help]

Turn off extras like Tracker and guide lines. Animated zooming hahaha!

Eliminate fill options from your views to speed redraw.

Think about how to reduce the number of layers in the view for rebuilding speed.
Advanced Redraw.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight. I will try your suggestions, and save for a quad core, 8 gb memory,............
Learn and get certified!