BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

switching from demo version to commercial version

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to install the program the right way from the start so I don't loose my demo version files. My program arrived with no instructions, but I did get the CD for version 13, and the key.
What is the sequence? Should I uninstall the demo version first, then install the commercial version off the CD? And if I do that, do I leave the key in place or not?

Help!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mac or Windows?

AFAIK there is no special sequence. You can uninstall the demo if you want. On Windows they tell you NOT to have the key connected while installing. Your files should be unaffected (no harm in backing them up just in case - which you should be doing anyway).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on a mac.
Even if they are demo files? when I went to uninstall the demo version, it indicated that once I uninstall the program, I'll be unable to open the files.
Maybe that meant - in case I don't plan to install the commercial version...?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
eobaka wrote:
I'm on a mac.
Even if they are demo files? when I went to uninstall the demo version, it indicated that once I uninstall the program, I'll be unable to open the files.
Maybe that meant - in case I don't plan to install the commercial version...?
You are right to be careful with this. Any files you create with the demo version will only open with a single installation - if you remove that installation, you will never be able to open the files again. I can't remember for certain, but I think the trial version will automatically work as a commercial installation if you plug in a commercial ArchiCAD dongle. You would then need to open and save any projects you created to ensure they are full commercial-version files.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response. I wish I'd recieved it before now. Unfortunately, I did follow wbat feedback I received before your response, and now can't open the trial files, because the trial version was uninstalled.

Anyway, when I went to use the dongle with the trial version, the trial version kept telling me it was expired and I couldn't open the program unless I used the demo version.

Irritating, but I've redrawn most of the files at this point.
Thanks for the help.
Learn and get certified!