Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

the strange case of the disappearing lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
have encountered this today in a file for a job that, of course, is due for issue on monday...perfect timing.

opening layouts to check prior to printing, noted outlime of some windows and walls missing.

assumed i'd accidentally changed layer combinations or element layers or something similar.

on right-clicking on placed drawing and selecting 'view source view', elevation window opens and...it's fine - all present and correct. see attached image showing comparison. no other changes to layer combinations/model views/settings between one view and the other.

any suggestions welcome.
4 REPLIES 4
Rod Jurich
Contributor
kombibob wrote:
/.....
any suggestions welcome.
Robert, had similar occurrences and moving the Elev/Sect marker closer/farther only slightly sometimes works.
Last time had to copy all 2D elements then redo the same view paste back 2D elements and all was ok. HTH
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod wrote:
kombibob wrote:
/.....
any suggestions welcome.
Robert, had similar occurrences and moving the Elev/Sect marker closer/farther only slightly sometimes works.
Last time had to copy all 2D elements then redo the same view paste back 2D elements and all was ok. HTH
hi Rod,

thanks for the tip; it didn't work but got me thinking a bit differently about the possible cause...i noted that all the missing walls were on the same layer and, by extension, the missing doors/windows only from those missing walls. I selected all walls from that particular layer and put them on another layer and suddenly the elevations on the layouts corrected themselves.
I have no explanations as to why and still seems strange that the problem was only in the layout view of the elevation/section windows, not the elevation/section windows themselves.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is possible that the layer combination for the drawing is not the same as shown in the elevation window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
It is possible that the layer combination for the drawing is not the same as shown in the elevation window.
I thought that may have been the case, however when i viewed the layout that contained the drawings that were missing the lines, i used right-click and 'open source view' to check. i don't think there's a change in layer combination that occurs here. I'll have to go back and check.