BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

why morphs are too heavy to my computer?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i try to avoid morphs in my model because they make my model crash and my computer go slow although i have a v good computer specs as graphic cards and processor
is there any solution to this problem?
please advise me
8 REPLIES 8
Lingwisyer
Guru
AC is not optimised to handle high poly objects, and that does not appear to be changing any time soon...

What are the specs of your computer?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
macbook pro 2018 500gb
hp pavilion core i7 2.6 gh
16gb ram 4 gb nividiA
BOTH COMPUTERS SAME PROBLEM
Barry Kelly
How complex are your morphs?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
i attached photo
Barry Kelly
But just what are morphs?
Can you select all morphs so they are highlighted.

The trim around the top can just be a profiled wall or beam.
The fluted columns could be a complex profile column with other columns for the top and bottom capping (23 will help greatly with this - can all be one column).
If you have fancy detail to this capping then yes you maybe need a morph.

If the little brackets in the trim are all individual morphs, it may be better to save one as an object and then duplicate multiples of the object (this may or may not help - only one object but you will still have many polygons).
The same with the column caps or even the entire column - save as an object and then multiply.

The trims around the windows are probably easier as morphs unless you have a scripted object for the trim or it is part of the window object itself.
Again 23 will help with this as you will be able to vertically curve a profiled beam (with profile columns at the side and a profile beam on the bottom - all the joints can be mitred together.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Barry very helpful
Lingwisyer
Guru
Given the density of lines in the trim, do you actually need that much detail? Will you actually be viewing it at a distance where you can tell the difference between how it is and if you halve the curve resolution or what ever the form is?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah chances are the morph is degenerate or causing errors. It shouldn't be an issue even at this complexity. Check the error report or save a test and delete morphs until it speeds up and you might narrow down the culprit.
The issues with morphs come about when it tries to assume polygons that aren't possible. Very difficult to fix. Sometimes it's easier to build objects from parts, module or profile as above to avoid these issues.
Learn and get certified!