BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2 identical houses but mirrored

Too Long
Enthusiast

I have a job with two identical house that are side by side and mirrored to each other.

If a draw the left one to completion, can I make a copy for the right one so that all the views are mirrored too so that I dont have to draw them twice?

Ive noticed that any 2d elements in elevations dont mirror unless im doing something wrong.

AC26 AUS Full
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

If you are manually reversing a model, then you must also mirror all of the 2D info in sections and elevations as well as this doesn't happen automatically.

Having said that, I am pretty sure Central Innovation have (had?) an add-on that can reverse everything including the section and elevation 2D annotation.

If you have a Select Agreement with them, I am sure you can get some 'free' add-ons.

I am not sure if this is one that is included free or not.

Might be worth looking into.

But if it is just the one plan, I would just save it as a new file, mirror it and fix up the sections and elevations.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yep, thought so mate, thanks

AC26 AUS Full

If they are exactly the same, another options is to save it as a module, and then insert it. You can mirror modules, but you would have to document them independently.

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!