BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC_MarkerSize, AC_TextSize

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Is there a way to control the default values of these parameters (other than creating a Favorite). Typically, Object parameters default to the settings saved in the part; however, Markers don't seem to work this way. For example, our typical Markers are 27 pt, but now I'm trying to create keyplan Markers, which are half the size (13.5 pt). When I select between the 2 Markers in the dialog, the AC_MarkerSize value stays the same (it does not default to the value saved in the part). Make sense? Anyone know an answer?

Right now I'm working around it by making AC_MarkerSize=AC_MarkerSize/2 in the keyplan Markers.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
As near as I can tell, objects cannot affect those.

The closest I came was to ignore those parameters and make my own. That way I was able to use the Parameter and Master scripts to control them.
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Ah -- I know there's "something" going on, but it doesn't seem documented. If you set the parameter's value in the script, you can see the dialog's text box "flash" to that value, and then back to the previous setting. Same thing with the Font Type... arg.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the size of a marker should be to constants, it is possible to apply a following script (for an example I have chosen value = 5 mm):
EPS = 0.0001
IF AC_MarkerSize > 5 OR AC_MarkerSize < 5 THEN AC_MarkerSize = 5
PARAMETERS AC_MarkerSize = AC_MarkerSize
It should be placed in Master Script.
The value in dialog's text box will not be updated at once after change of a marker, but drawing of the marker will change according to value of size in a script.

But it is only successful coincidence of circumstances.
GS should pay attention to this problem.
It is necessary to make a wish.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
TomWaltz wrote:
The closest I came was to ignore those parameters and make my own. That way I was able to use the Parameter and Master scripts to control them.
I went ahead and followed Tom's suggestion -- these are parameters that should be "messed with" anyway (in order to keep symbols standardized).
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!