Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

AC27 Accessories add on has lost its connection to building elements?

Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast

I don't know for sure if this issue came with update 27.2.0 or earlier. When placing accessory objects they no longer remain associated to the parent element. The function used to be that if you, for example, attach a wall accessory to a wall and later stretch the wall, the accessory object updates. There was a live connection. This functionality seems to be broken. I'm working with the Swedish version, but I saw a post with a similar issue for the Australian version. Is this reported as a bug yet?
If you wonder how much I actually use this old add on the answer is : In almost every project! That´s why I want to know what has happened.

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Karl/team.

You need to close all AC programs & rerun the Goodies installer.

Then choose the repair/modify option :

ToperBarrientos_0-1712802688525.png

Hi Karl/Barry.

'ACCESSORIES to element'  associativity should have been restored when you open the project again.

🙂 . Good to know you're into this AC Add on knowing it's one of AC's powerhouse feature.

Here at our office, we are customizing accessory related objects, hence i encountered this 'Accessory glitch' whenever we update the AC rebuild to its latest fix.

Cheers !

Apple M1 Pro CPU
RAM 32 GB
1 TB OS: Ventura 13.1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

@Karl Wir_n wrote:

This functionality seems to be broken. I'm working with the Swedish version, but I saw a post with a similar issue for the Australian version. Is this reported as a bug yet?

It may well have been (I do not know for sure).

But make sure you report it to your local Archicad support.

The more people that report it from different locations, the more likely it will get looked at.

As they say "the squeaky wheel gets the oil".

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

Hi Karl/team.

You need to close all AC programs & rerun the Goodies installer.

Then choose the repair/modify option :

ToperBarrientos_0-1712802688525.png

Hi Karl/Barry.

'ACCESSORIES to element'  associativity should have been restored when you open the project again.

🙂 . Good to know you're into this AC Add on knowing it's one of AC's powerhouse feature.

Here at our office, we are customizing accessory related objects, hence i encountered this 'Accessory glitch' whenever we update the AC rebuild to its latest fix.

Cheers !

Apple M1 Pro CPU
RAM 32 GB

Thank you Toper! Reinstalling Accessories solved it. But if this repair process has to be performed everytime Archicad is updated it is definately a bug. I hope GS will deal with it. I will send a mail to my local Archicad support to make sure it reaches Graphisoft.

I agree.. GS should consider . 🙂

Apple M1 Pro CPU
RAM 32 GB

Thanks Toper,

I have reported this myself to Graphisoft, just to make sure they know about it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Oleksandra Vakariuk
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi all,

Thank you for raising this issue and sorry for the belated reply!

This is indeed a regression issue in Archicad 27.2.0, its reference number is DEF-18748. The issue will be fixed in 27.2.1 but, unfortunately, we cannot provide any workaround other than rolling back to the previous hotfix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Oleksandra

Oleksandra Vakariuk

Technical Support Engineer

Setup info provided by author