Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC27 Accessories issue with AUS 5003 update 27.2.0

MarkT
Contributor

I'm having an issue with the current update. When applying the roof accessory to roof planes it all applies fine:

MarkT_0-1712287246092.png

Yet when I update said accessories with a favorite setting from my favorites list, the accessories completely disassociate from the roof plane and assume the default shape:

MarkT_1-1712287345150.png

This has only started happening with the current hotfix 27.2.0 for AC27. Any ideas?

Operating system used: Windows 10

AC 3.14 (1990) to 27 (2024)
PC : i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz - 32GB - W10/64
19 REPLIES 19

@MarkT wrote:

Thanks Barry. I've contacted our object developer for input but I don't see this as an issue with the library part, definitely a hotfix 27.2.0 issue.

By local support, I mean the people that sell you the Archicad licenses.

If it is an issue with the program, Graphisoft need to know about it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
MarkT
Contributor

I understand where you're coming from but the update was downloaded from Graphisoft direct (US). Our supplier doesn't have the hotfix listed yet. I'll lodge a ticket anyway, can't hurt

mthd
Ace

I had a similar issue with the CI coverings tool on a roof, not long ago and lodged a support ticket with CI. Turned out to be my favorites from older versions of AC going back to version 11. Once I removed the older Australian Essential library version 11, it worked ok. I’m not sure if it that will work in your case but you could wait till your hear back from CI support ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Interesting. I've lodged a ticket with Ci. Will see what happens, pretty sure wont get an answer before Monday being late on a Friday 😉

When you say removed the older versions, do you mean un-install older versions of ArchiCAD or deleting old files off your HDD?

I had to upload my file for to them to take a look at it. They replied to me by asking me remove the older libraries. I was baffled by their response because it didn’t make sense to me ???

You can use the Library manager to remove the loaded libraries that might be offending starting with the oldest. For me it was version 11 and older that made my roof surface coverings build out of shape.

If you can send me your email in a private message I will send you the dialogue from the support ticket I lodged.

Edited: Never mind here is their reply to me to fix my issue. It may work for you ?

”I see the issue. It appears that you are loading multiple old versions of some CI Tools Libraries.

Loading multiple (especially old) copies of a CI Tools add-on Library will cause that add-on to malfunction in unexpected ways and should always be avoided. Furthermore, you should only load the library made for the version of Archicad that you are using for the same reason. Please remove the extra libraries from your project and reload the project libraries in the Library Manager. I have highlighted the libraries that can/must be removed in red:

Please note that when installed correctly, the CI Tools Library ## folder where the CI Tools Library files are located, is contained in the Archicad Library ## folder by default, and does not need to be loaded separately.

Please let me know if this fixes your issue.”

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Ah ok. All good, was just curious. I don't keep anything older that the previous version on my PC / BIM server.

And I don't have any CI Tool libraries loaded at all.

I was just using the standard roof accessory object that is part of the Goodies (yes I know they are old) that we have in every version.

Works fine for me in 25, but in 27 the associativity becomes broken.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

We had an issue too with this hotfix breaking all accessory connections (newly placed or existing jobs). We have rolled back the accessories.apx back to the 4060 version which is keeping us going for now. Waiting to hear back from GSHU.

Thanks for the heads up Danny, I've now done the same and have accessory functionality back. Hoping this gets resolved soon.

@Danny Sparks-Cousins wrote:

We had an issue too with this hotfix breaking all accessory connections (newly placed or existing jobs). We have rolled back the accessories.apx back to the 4060 version which is keeping us going for now. Waiting to hear back from GSHU.

Apparently re-installing the Goodies add-ons with the 'Repair' option fixes it.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/AC27-Accessories-add-on-has-lost-its-connectio...

But as you say, this will simply be re-installing the original build.

It seems that then updating Archicad might break it again, as it will also update the goodies.

So hopefully, Graphisoft will fix this in the next Archicad update.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Setup info provided by author