Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Adding German library to INT AC 27 library

maurotrotta
Booster

I would like to add the library of my colleague into my own library. We are both using Archicad 27 but she does in German language and I do in English. When she open her library, she have other objects that I don´t have and is a problem when we want to have the same type and look of symbols furniture, etc. I search on the forums and I don´t see a similar case. I also look into the library manager and tried to add another library, but there no other libraries installed in the graphisoft folder. Is what I am trying to do possible? 

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

I am using the GER library on INT, project location dependent, since single digit versions of Archicad. As @Barry Kelly said, download the GER version and install it in a different than default folder and copy the libraries (Bibliotheken 27, HKLSE-Bibliothek 27) to your library collection. After that you can uninstall the GER Version, as it does not work on an INT license. I usually do that using the built-in windows sandbox, so I don't have to bother with the uninstall and registry left-over entries. This works with any other local version of Archicad, until we have a better solution

A copy of those folder from your friend will also do the job.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @maurotrotta 

Try to ask your colleague for the German AC 27* library folder you need and link the libraries into your project with the Library Manager.

Also you could ask her for the .pla file with the objetcs she used and get those form there.

Regards. -

*Note: Maybe you could try to install the German version and get them from there: https://graphisoft.com/dl/AC/27/GER/Archicad-27-GER-3001-1.0.exe

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000
Barry Kelly

Download and install the German version of the software (install it in a different folder than the default).

You may not be able to use it (your license may not allow it) but you will be able to access the library in the folders that it installs.

I do wish we could just download the libraries.

You can copy the library out and then un-install the program.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

I am using the GER library on INT, project location dependent, since single digit versions of Archicad. As @Barry Kelly said, download the GER version and install it in a different than default folder and copy the libraries (Bibliotheken 27, HKLSE-Bibliothek 27) to your library collection. After that you can uninstall the GER Version, as it does not work on an INT license. I usually do that using the built-in windows sandbox, so I don't have to bother with the uninstall and registry left-over entries. This works with any other local version of Archicad, until we have a better solution

A copy of those folder from your friend will also do the job.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

I copy the german library from my colleague and paste it into the default instalation folder of Archicad in my computer. Then I open a file and add the library folder through library manager. It works well so far, but the only issue I see is that I got a warning of duplicated library parts but I don´t see this as a problem since I have all the objects I need and such warning is irrelevant.

Miha_M
Advisor

While having both libraries loaded does work I would suggest that you decide which one to use on your projects and add only needed elements from the other library to your custom library. The GER library is metric oriented and fits the german (or middle-european) market better. The INT library is, in my opinion, more imperial system oriented and fits related markets better.

Having many duplicated library items can cause problems, so try to avoid it.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Setup info provided by author