BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Append current value to the array from UI

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if somebody could help me with my problem. I have added several fields to the layout info and I am reading these from my object (from LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY).

Now I would like to have a button to append current values of these fields to some array and display them.

I try to find a way to trigger action of appending current value to the array from UI. Is it possible to trigger some macro from interface or parameter script that would append current value? I want to store this array within gdl object rather than write to file.

Thank you for help,

Maciek
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Related question: Is there a way in GDL to check if some variable changed its value?
Barry Kelly
Maciek wrote:
Related question: Is there a way in GDL to check if some variable changed its value?
if GLOB_MODPAR_NAME = "variable" then ...
You need the quotes around the variable name.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Barry. I have tried that but it returns null after you click UI_Button. So it's hard to tell which button was clicked.

If anybody wondered – I ended up up with attached script (will append first custom field from layout info). Need to make these buttons work nicer but it works.
Learn and get certified!