Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ArchiCAD 17 Detail Marker Appearance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I have a bit of a weird one. Just playing with my office ArchiCAD 17 template, and I have realised a custom detail marker object we use, doesn't seem to work anymore with ArchiCAD 17.
Has anyone else found issues with the new version with libraries?

Tom
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you try placing it from scratch and see if it works that way?
Can you show its settings? Any error messages? Which Viewpoint does this happen? Or in Layouts?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
This happens in any view. It seems to be the order that the detail is drawn. Ie. If the detail rectangle is drawn from bottom left to top right, it seems to work fine.
No error messages, but there is an error message in the 2D script, however this was also in ArchiCAD 16. 17 must handle it slightly different.

I would much prefer to use the standard built in marker, but it doesn't allow for a multiline drawing number, which we require for our very long drawing numbers (sometimes 15 digits, which is client driven)

Does anyone have the GDL code for the built in marker?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tom wrote:
Does anyone have the GDL code for the built in marker?
The built-in marker can be opened by using the Open Object by Subtype... command.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14