BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BIMobject Release Lena™ for Rhino 3D Parametric GDL Objects

Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Ever dreamed of creating parametric ArchiCAD objects outside of ArchiCAD? Dream no more. read on here
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Ben,

This stuff looks very promising.
Can you tell me if it is possible to make parametric geometries as well with this solution? For example, assign a parameter to the length/width/height of a modeled block or something? (I have not seen examples of this in the two videos.) Or was this not the purpose at this time? If not available currently, is this something planned for the future?
As I understand this current solution might not be aimed at being able to create parametricized geometries, but instead it provides a very easy way by which you can import product models from mechanical CAD softwares and define Levels of Detail (LOD) and material parameters for them, plus define any number of static text parameters, then export them as native objects in multiple BIM application formats, including ArchiCAD GDL. Then in ArchiCAD by changing the LOD parameter the object is displayed at varying level of detail as desired by the designer/constructor/etc.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Again, awesome stuff, this could very well make BIMObject the worldwide leader in BIM content creation, in my opinion.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Thank you Laszlo!

Yes you are 100% correct in your summery of Lena™ Version 1.0 is almost done, fingers crossed, we will get transform matrix in the final version too, but at this stage I am very doubtful.

As Lena supports C syntax, you can pretty much create any type of parameter, except transformations, visibility parameters, eg arms of a chair on/off, different material parameters etc. We have a LOT of big plans for Lena, transformations is on top of the list.

We are very excited about what we have done with Lena and we are very confident that every one who gets hold of Lena™ will be very happy too. I will post more news here tomorrow on an up coming event regarding Lena™

Cheers
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
1st - 4th of September 2015 we will have a BIMobject® Lena™ Hackathon in Budapest Hungry. Application only, sign up today, you do not want to miss this event!.
Find out more here
And sign up here www.bimobject.com/hackathon
Ben O'Donnell
Learn and get certified!