BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bi Fold Windows

S A Harrison
Newcomer
Hi, does anyone know of a Bi-fold window object for ArchiCad 18. I know I can use a bi-fold door but then how do I get it to appear in the window schedule?

Sean Harrison
ArchiCad 18, Windows 10
Sean Harrison
AC18, Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Sean

If you can get the bifold door to look like the window you want, you could convert it to a morph and then create a window object from the morph. You would have to add a wallhole to the gdl script to cut the wall, but it should work.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you not schedule both doors and windows as windows based on ID numbers? You can with Cadimage doors and windows.
S A Harrison
Newcomer
Thanks for the help. I've never used the morph tool but I'll give it a go. Using the bi-fold door & adjusting the schedules is also an option. Wouldn't it just be easier if ArchiCad had a bi-fold window object?
Sean Harrison
AC18, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
These are the options you have for any panel in a Cadimage window…

Jealous much?
Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 4.02.05 PM.png
nitizz
Participant
You can use a bi-fold door to present a bi-fold window.
In the tags & categories
Choose your ID to read window reference
Choose element classifications to window
In window list scheme setting add element type is a door reading the ID you choose
AC27 INT FULL

27-inch 2019 iMac Retina 5K 10.14.6 macOS Mojave

3.6 GHz Core I9 Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

www.rethinkstudio.mu
Learn and get certified!