Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

CHANGE STORY

Strawbale23
Expert

Hi, I currently have a project that has stories I wish to delete, however these stories have elements on them I wish to keep.

Is there an easy way to reassign these elements to another story before I delete that story?

At the moment when I reassign the element it changes height, I will have to change the height of every element I reassign. Is there a way to reassign where the element doesnt change its position and remains static?

Thanks

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I didn't try this trick before but I think it may help,

You can select story elements and right click then Relink home story,

That will let you assign all elements to another story without changing element's height or elevation,

Then delete the original story,

Be aware : To be able to see these elements on floor plan you should change FPCP to exceed the story height in order to cutting those elements.

Edit: If the deleted story is the highest one be informed that all elements top linked to it will become not linked.

- If the story is in the middle sure it's deletion will affect the height of any element bridging that story, for example if a model has 3 stories (1,2&3) any element bottom linked to story #1 and top linked to story #3 - sure it's height will be shrinked if I delete story #2.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

I didn't try this trick before but I think it may help,

You can select story elements and right click then Relink home story,

That will let you assign all elements to another story without changing element's height or elevation,

Then delete the original story,

Be aware : To be able to see these elements on floor plan you should change FPCP to exceed the story height in order to cutting those elements.

Edit: If the deleted story is the highest one be informed that all elements top linked to it will become not linked.

- If the story is in the middle sure it's deletion will affect the height of any element bridging that story, for example if a model has 3 stories (1,2&3) any element bottom linked to story #1 and top linked to story #3 - sure it's height will be shrinked if I delete story #2.

Thank you , that worked.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/

Happy to know it worked, you're welcome.