Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cabinet Wall Single Door, Door Thickness

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the properties of this object, I can set the thickness of the door, but no matter what I set it to, the 2d drawing does not reflect that. Is it supposed to reflect that and is it somewhere else I manage this?

Can I somehow look at the object itself how it was constructed in some way?

1_name_009.png
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
famadorian:

You are correct, the door thickness parameter does not affect the 2D Symbol. You can open the library part by selecting it and using the command Open Object.... The Door Thickness variable is fr_th1. You can then look at the 2D Script to see where the door thickness is drawn and change it from a hardcoded value to the variable. This may impact other aspects of the symbol, so debugging may be required. This will take some basic knowledge of GDL.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Does the object have an option for a 'Detailed' plan view rather than a 'Simple' view?
I have noticed some objects sometimes have this option and it may alter how accurately the door is represented.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11