Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cabinets for a kitchen

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to attempt in drawing some custom cabinets for a kitchen, and from the information I've managed to gather, it seems I'd use walls for the side panels, and slabs for the tops & bottoms.

As for custom doors, would I create the basic shape using a slab in a plan view, cutout the pattern in the centre, then save it as a custom door object?
20 REPLIES 20
rocorona
Booster
If I'm right, you are trying to make a personal cabinet door, to be used in a custom made cabinet. There is no direct option to do this. Only the standard cabinet objects are programmed to read and adapt the components.

You can do a lot, if you are skilled in GDL programming, but the simpler way is to make -and save- all cabinet elements (sides, top, bottom, door, etc) in one single object.
As for the door, make it flat, for starting, ... add all the fancies, then convert to Morph, rotate it to vertical (use a side elevation view) move in place, and save all together as Object.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Thanks for that Roberto.

Basically what I'm trying to do is practice redrawing a kitchen with different sized cabinets, some with draws, some without and some without doors. Maybe I'm just better of using a standard object and changing it's parameters settings?

I've been BIM'ing in Revit for 4yrs so I'm trying to wrap my head around how things are tackled in ArchiCAD. I've purchased Eric Bobrows Best Practice course, but am only half way through the quick start section at this stage.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
blimp wrote:
Maybe I'm just better of using a standard object and changing it's parameters settings?
Yes. This is the preferred method, rather than creating custom objects.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to overcome this problem.

I'm drawing some custom made robes using slabs/walls, but due to the material being the same, the middle line ends up blending in.

I need where the arrow is show a line representing tow 20mm vertical panels.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot attachement...
Panel_Line.jpg
Barry Kelly
Duplicate your material - creating essentially the same material but with a new name.
So long as the materials on each joining slab/wall have different names then you will see a line between them.
This is better than setting tiny gaps between them which is another method.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant Barry, thanks for that tip 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't seem to find how to switch off the comma in the dimensioning?
Anonymous
Not applicable
blimp wrote:
Can't seem to find how to switch off the comma in the dimensioning?
Try one of the links Peter Clark has in THIS THREAD. Depends on your OS. (You could add AC version and OS info to a signature in your forum profile, as this information is often needed to give accurate answers).