BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Can't change door Nominal Sizes and Tolerance in V26

Draftsman
Beginner

Hi,

I can't change the parameters of the doors from the Predefined values.
Specifically, the Predefined values are 280 in width and 340 in height, I need them to be 28 w / 34 h or close to that.
Is it possible to change the door's Predefined values and how?

I have set the Working Length Units to be in millimeters. 

It's so interesting that on windows the Predefined values are smaller and I can change them without a problem.

Thanks!

Door.jpgWindow.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

Let me see if I understand:  you have set your working units to be millimeters, and yet you want a 28 mm x 34 mm door?   How does a door the size of your thumb make sense?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I think those values you refer to in the screen shots are the minimum size that particular parameter can be before the door or window cannot be generated. The symbol denotes that it had to be equal or greater than the defined dimension. 

if you want pre-defined door widths and heights you need to change those parameters to what you want them to be and then save the door or window as a Favourite. All of the parameters you set will then be remembered and saved for future use. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Barry Kelly

They are not predefined sizes, they are minimum sizes that can be accepted.

Any less than that and the scripting for the door window will not generate a good object.

So it simply won't let you go less than the minimum size.

If you want 28 instead of 280, then set your working units to 'centimetres'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!