Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Can't upload ArchiCAD Library?

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all, thank you for the time and help.

My Library Manager says there are 'Missing Objects'. I went to Add my ArchiCAD 17 Library, but I can not select the folder. I have looked through the forum and can not locate a similar issue. Attached is a reference image. Please help.

Kind Regards,
Jakub Galczynski
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Reference Image
Erika Epstein
Booster
When you 'Add' in the library manager choose the option to 'Link Library' rather than 'Browse for Embedded Objects'.

Are you opening a 17 filein 18? If so you should have had a pop-up asking you which of the following you wanted to do:
1. Chose to load the 18 library and then load the 'Migration libraries'. This will auto-convert many of the 17 library parts to 18. The migration libraries should cover the remaining non-18 parts.

2. Or, you can open the file in 18 and choose to load the 17 library instead of the 18 one.

If none of the above, post a screenshot of your library manager so we can see what is happening.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika, this is an older project that I am finishing off and not migrating to 18. I do select 'Browse for Embedded Objects'. The issue (as shown in one of my reference images) is that the Browser does not allow me to select ArchiCAD 17 Library. I have had this issue before and it required me to simply select / re-link ArchiCAD 17. Not sure what is happening here, this time.

Erika wrote:
When you 'Add' in the library manager choose the option to 'Link Library' rather than 'Browse for Embedded Objects'.

Are you opening a 17 filein 18? If so you should have had a pop-up asking you which of the following you wanted to do:
1. Chose to load the 18 library and then load the 'Migration libraries'. This will auto-convert many of the 17 library parts to 18. The migration libraries should cover the remaining non-18 parts.

2. Or, you can open the file in 18 and choose to load the 17 library instead of the 18 one.

If none of the above, post a screenshot of your library manager so we can see what is happening.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Ahh, A little more information always helps.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"