BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Coding question

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Is it possible to script a text object that gets it's content from a parameter from a filtered element (like a Find&Select critera).

Basically I'd like to add a descriptive text to a door and place a text object on a layout that displays the door text based of the specific door entity. Goal is to create a "door card".

Possible?
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Not entirely sure what this is supposed to look like, but I think you might be able to do this with a label? You can use the new properties in ArchiCAD20 easily to add a custom text field that can be scheduled, labeled etc.

You'd label the door in the view though, not on a layout. I don't think you can grab information from doors on the layout itself.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
Not entirely sure what this is supposed to look like, but I think you might be able to do this with a label? You can use the new properties in ArchiCAD20 easily to add a custom text field that can be scheduled, labeled etc.

You'd label the door in the view though, not on a layout. I don't think you can grab information from doors on the layout itself.
I tried that and as you write I can't label the door on the layout. I want to freely move the textblock on the layout.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I do not think an object will be able to get the data on layout either, though.

Beyond information about the linked view, placed drawings don't have information attached that I can tell.

You could make a schedule with only the required information for the door, place that on the layout and move that about as you wish. Just remember to uncheck the option to autotext the scale and such from the placed schedule if you are outputting the scale of placed drawings on the layout.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!